* Tuesdays 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
* Group Description:
This group is for male and female young adults up to 35 years old, who have the desire to break free from toxic relationships and to heal and discover their authentic selves. This pain or toxicity could be in a relationship with a family member, a partner, or a destructive relationship with yourself. This group serves those suffering from or impacted by growing up in a dysfunctional family system, substance or behavioral addiction, codependency, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, chronic loss/abandonment, emotional dysregulation, debilitating levels of low self-esteem, and shame. A significant healing construct of this group lies in the gift of each member being sincerely heard and seen by the others, and the experience of knowing what it’s like to be held in another’s mind and heart. For that reason, this group provides a safe, accepting, and understanding environment to cultivate opportunities to try out and assess new ways of being with others and the self. This setting offers facilitated support that fosters growth towards the goals of moving out of loneliness and toward connection, discovering empowerment in your true self, and developing tools to assist you in moving beyond just surviving life to fully engaging in life
If you are uncertain as to whether this group could be a healing home for you, please review and consider the list of experience below. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Tia Strong for a free 15-minute phone consultation.
You experience or identify with:
* You may have survived life by “stuffing” your feelings from painful experiences and have lost the ability to feel or express your emotions.
* You may be your own harshest critic, and as such you are left with little to no self-esteem.
* You find isolating safe/comfortable and fear others – particularly authority figures.
* You may seek the approval of others, and in doing so lose your sense of self, however, even if you gain external validation, you secretly question whether or not you deserve it.
* You may experience fear if receiving personal criticism or encountering angry people.
* You may take pride in being fiercely independent, but your overdeveloped sense of responsibility and self-reliance leaves you empty or filled with resentment.
* On more than one occasion, you may have found yourself saying, “If I just had more confidence, I would…”
* You may find yourself in controlling or abusive relationships that despite how much you try to love the other person and turn things around – it fails. You live in a “worst case scenario” hyperreactivity until it fails because you are terrified of abandonment. When the relationship does end, you feel as though your entire world has dropped out from under you.
* You may never attempt connection in relationships because the fear of failure is paralyzing.
* You use people, substances, or compulsive behaviors to find relief through “numbing.”
* You may give in to others because it is more comfortable than telling them “no.”
Additional Registration Info:
An Individual pre-screening session is required for clients not currently in individual therapy with a CCIA therapist. Group participants will participate in individual counseling at least twice a month with a CCIA therapist or their existing therapist, if not at CCIA. Contact Tia for more information.
Tia Strong, MS
LPC, NCC, CSAT
4144 N. Central Expressway, Suite 380
Dallas, Texas 75204